Tuesday, March 25, 2014

week 3

One week away from spring break and I am on my way to a fit and healthy body!

Last weeks summary:

Monday - At soccer practice we conditioned in the beginning with and without the ball. After that we ended practice with a nice full sized scrimmage. Practice lasted for about 1 hour and 45 minutes, so it was a successful cardio session.
Tuesday- At home I did a core and leg strength workout using calisthenics. At soccer we got a lot of touches on the ball with short sprints and short breaks. This incorporated some anaerobic activity into my usual aerobic routine.

Wednesday- Soccer practice was 1 hour and 45 minutes. During practice we warmed up with dribbling which consists of a lot of running. We advanced into 4v4 scrimmages which also require lots of quick bursts and long term stamina. It was a good workout overall.
Thursday- I had a good workout including about an hour and a half of cardio and then a 15 ab workout to follow
Friday- Shortened soccer practice outside. The colder weather really makes you feel like you are out of shape, but I got in about an hour of cardio exercise.
Saturday- no cardio- Core/leg/arm workout on an exercise mat
Sunday- no cardio- Core/leg/arm workout on an exercise mat

Food: During the week I did extremely well with keeping in calorie range. I did seem to have a large craving for bread all week, but I stuck to whole wheat. I've been eating a lot of protein such as peanut butter, eggs, and lean meat. From working out and eating a high amount of protein I have built muscle and toned my body. This doesn't allow for my progress to be measured by the scale, because muscle weighs more than fat. I personally can tell the difference and I can see how far I have come and my progress.

Hardships: It is very hard to keep up the good habits on the weekends. When I hang out with friends it is very difficult to not eat junk food and just lay around and be lazy. The hardest part about this whole three weeks has been not eating a lot of food. I don't mind eating healthy  and exercising is fun and makes you feel better, but when I am home I could eat a whole jar of peanut butter. Although I choose the natural kind with only two healthy ingredients and its high in protein, the calories are sky-scraping and I cannot afford them.

MyFitnessPal.com

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you focus on the differences you see and how you feel instead of just a scale for measurement. With all the soccer training, can you see or feel your endurance change? That's hard work and intense cardio!

    ReplyDelete