Monday, March 17, 2014

Week 2

Monday- First day of soccer tryouts, I ran 2 miles in less than 20 minutes. My timing was longer than expected and I was disappointed, but I just need to work harder. For the rest of tryouts we also did timed suicides and sprints. It was a great workout, my whole body felt like jello after I finished the last agility test.
Tuesday- Second day of soccer tryouts consisted of lots of touches on the ball and small sided scrimmages. The workout was mainly cardiovascular. After soccer I went home and did squats and a short core workout.
Wednesday- Soccer was canceled due to harsh weather from lovely mother nature. I stayed home and did a leg/core/butt workout with 5 lb weights.
Thursday- I went back to soccer for 2 hours. It was a very long cardio session, and I had a post workout protein shake that was super tasty. I also did lunges with 5 lb hand weights and 3 sets of squats.
Friday - I went to Detroit for the DECA competition and stayed at the Marriott Hotel. The 40th floor gym looking out onto lake Huron was a great place to workout. I ran 1 mile on the treadmill and then did 15 minutes on the stair climber. I burned around 300 calories.
Saturday - I woke up early and went to the gym and went on the elliptical for 30 minutes. I burned around 200 calories. I also did a core/leg/butt calisthenic workout.
Sunday- Rest Day! and I had a "Train Wreck" Burger-So Delicious. Cheat Day

Food:
I stayed in an adequate calorie range all week, except for on my cheat day, but the burger was very satisfying and I loved every bite of it. As for the rest of the week I began to add in bread, but I am very strict on keeping it whole wheat and whole grain and I am strongly staying away from sweet white flour cakes and pastries.

Notes:
Spring break is 11 days away and I am going strong still. I hope to be satisfied with my progress by the time
I leave, but I will keep up the hard work after I get back to reach my optimal goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment